Password change on SSRL Macromolecular Crystallography Group computers.
If you have a valid account on our UNIX computers, this form allows you to change
your password for that account. It will also update the password for the Samba service
(mount the UNIX file system from computers running MS Windows operating systems, on site only).
Note! If your password has expired, this form will not let you reset the password.
Please contact SSRL Crystallography Group staff for help.
To Change Password
Some basic sanity checks of the new password will be made to
avoid using passwords that can be easily guessed. You might be prompted
to try again. To pass the sanity checks the password has to fulfill
the following criteria:
- Fill in all four fields in the table below.
- Press the "Change Password" button.
- at least 8 characters in length
- contain minium 3 out of 4 character classes, classes being:
- lower case letters
- upper case letters
- numeric characters
- symbols and sign characters
- cannot contain a dictionary word
- cannot significantly resemble your old password
Once the password has been successfully changed it may take a couple of
minutes until it has been propagated to all computers.